CAREERS AT HYDE-STONE
DISPATCHER/SERVICE DEPARTMENT SUPPORT STAFF
Primary Job Function: The ability to learn all aspects of the service department to support the day to day operations of the team. Work well in a fast-paced environment.
Maintain the Service Technicians daily schedules & dispatch the technicians as service calls are completed. Schedule return trips with customers when parts are in. maintain the on-call schedule for service technicians.
Maintain customer database with current information Customers, including keeping customers appraised as to company schedule and requested lead times. Provide accounting with maintenance contract billing information. Customer care calls, mail statements to customers.
Requirements: Strong computer skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills,
organized, strong customer service skills, geographical knowledge of service areas and map reading skills, knowledge of industry is recommended but not required. Some light lifting requires.
We offer vacation time, sick/personal time, medical/dental, 401K, holiday pay, etc.
Please reply with resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
Posted: Nov 14, 2019
Hyde-Stone Mechanical Contractors, Inc. is looking for a person with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Facility Maintenance Department.
Responsibilities: Must have knowledge of hardware, tools, electrical, carpentry and usage of an iPhone. Needs to be organized and work well under pressure exercising good judgement and communication skills, as well as attention to detail. Ability to work on lift or ladder. Need to be available to be called out on emergencies as they occur.
A company van will be provided. Personal appearances are to be clean and professional. Uniforms will be provided.
Must pass a Background check. A valid Driver’s License is required.
Work Hours: Normal working hours M-F 7:30 – 4:00 with some Sat or Sun. possible
Location: This position will be working in Jefferson, Oswego and St Lawrence counties.
Pay: Wage based on experience.
Benefits: Benefits available on the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment. Vacation/Sick days after 6 months.
To Apply: Please mail or email references and resumes to Hyde-Stone Mechanical Contractors, Inc., 22962 Murrock Circle, Watertown, NY 13601 – email@example.com, or go to the link below to apply online. No walk-ins and no calls please.
Posted: Sept 05, 2019
HVAC SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Hyde-Stone Mechanical Contractors Inc. was established in 1893. We are a commercial, industrial, mechanical contractor specializing in plumbing, heating, ventilation, refrigeration equipment and controls. We provide services in design build and plan specification service and offer a variety of planned maintenance agreements to meet our customer needs. We have four offices located in Watertown, Potsdam, Plattsburg and Syracuse.
Looking for a HVAC technician to join our team. Will need to install, inspect, repair and maintain HVAC, air quality and refrigeration equipment.
Hyde-Stone Mechanical Contractors, Inc. is looking for experienced and entry level HVAC Technicians to work out of all four locations.
We are a union organization with great benefits, vacation, overtime and training.
- Must have EPA certification;
- Valid NYS Driver’s license;
- OSHA 10 safety training preferred, but will train on all levels of safety;
- Must Take an online personality test;
- Able to pass drug screen and background check.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Service and maintenance to our customer base;
- Commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing and setting up HVAC systems in commercial environments, from new facility set ups to existing facility retro fits;
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys and service requests including replacement and modifications of equipment or systems needed or requested by customers.
- Responsible for end to end testing, maintenance, starting up and servicing the HVAC/R equipment;
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned work orders ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customers location;
- Uses cutting edge software and technology along with a variety of hand tools to diagnose and repair units, as well as propose retrofits, upgrades and/or enhancements to existing systems;
- Ensures high levels of customer communication. Meets with customer to become familiar with needs and preferences. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommended system enhancements, upgrades and/or replacement. Promotes the sale of add-on work;
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets;
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays;
- Maintains parts inventory in Service Van;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Operating and working proficiency with hand held computers i.e. Smartphone, iPad;
- Strong written and oral communication skills to interact with customers, vendors and co-workers in a professional and helpful manner in person or via phone or written correspondence;
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places and risk of electric shock (high voltage);
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping and kneeling. It requires employees to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently or constantly to move objects;
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Compensation: Depends on candidate’s background
Employment Type: Full-Time
To Apply: Please mail resumes to Hyde-Stone Mechanical Contractors, Inc., 22962 Murrock Circle, Watertown, NY 13601 or go to the link below to apply on line.
Posted: June 13, 2019