CAREERS AT HYDE-STONE
WAREHOUSE | TRUCKDRIVER (Watertown NY)
Hyde-Stone Mechanical Contractors, Inc. is looking for a Warehouse/Truck Driver.
Responsibilities includes receiving materials, tracking tools/materials for job sites, maintaining tools for minor repairs, loading and unloading materials in warehouse, operating a fork truck, Prepares out bound shipments. Coordinate Fleet Maintenance with Service Department, Construction, and Facility Maintenance. Control inventory levels for safety and first aid supplies, etc. Must be organized and have excellent communication skills.
- Hours are 7:30 – 4:00 with a half hour for lunch. Overtime may be mandatory at times. Being required to stay late at the last minute, as well as coming in early the next morning may occur. Occasional Saturdays may also be required.
- Deliver materials brought back from job sites. Seat belts must always be worn. Safety vest, glasses, hard hats must always be worn when on a job site.
- Help check in UPS, Fed Ex, local deliveries, truck or tractor trailer deliveries
- Prepare for next day’s work by getting material together
- All trailers are to be inspected before and after use.
- Make sure lights are working properly
- Inspections are up to date
- If anything needs to be fixed, it must be done immediately
- Responsible for the Watertown office preventative maintenance work order
- Inspections are up to date
- Need to order filters, nozzles and oil filters, as well as keep them organized
- Responsible for keeping the shop clean and organized
- Emptying garbage
- Taking cardboard to dumpster
- Sweeping floors, may need to squeegee/mop water from floors at times
- Outside duties may include shoveling, snow blowing, clearing ice form paths, etc.
- Shop truck should be maintained at all times
- Inside cleaned once a week
- Outside washed when dirty
- Gas never on empty
- Responsible for locking up at the end of the day
- All vans left outside need to be locked and in view of security cameras
- Doors need to be locked
- All lights shut off
- Storage container locked
- Any other duties that may be asked by management
** Class B CDL License required, or ability to acquire within one month. **
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave, Retirement/Pension Plan
Compensation: Hourly wage depending on experience.
Employment Type: Full-Time
To Apply: Please mail resumes to Hyde-Stone Mechanical Contractors, Inc., 22962 Murrock Circle, Watertown, NY 13601 or go to the link below to apply on line. No walk-ins and no calls please.
Posted: Feb 15, 2019
HVAC SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Hyde-Stone Mechanical Contractors Inc. was established in 1893. We are a commercial, industrial, mechanical contractor specializing in plumbing, heating, ventilation, refrigeration equipment and controls. We provide services in design build and plan specification service and offer a variety of planned maintenance agreements to meet our customer needs. We have four offices located in Watertown, Potsdam, Plattsburg and Syracuse.
Looking for a HVAC technician to join our team. Will need to install, inspect, repair and maintain HVAC, air quality and refrigeration equipment.
Hyde-Stone Mechanical Contractors, Inc. is looking for experienced and entry level HVAC Technicians to work out of all four locations.
We are a union organization with great benefits, vacation, overtime and training.
- Must have EPA certification;
- Valid NYS Driver’s license;
- OSHA 10 safety training preferred, but will train on all levels of safety;
- Must Take an online personality test;
- Able to pass drug screen and background check.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Service and maintenance to our customer base;
- Commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing and setting up HVAC systems in commercial environments, from new facility set ups to existing facility retro fits;
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys and service requests including replacement and modifications of equipment or systems needed or requested by customers.
- Responsible for end to end testing, maintenance, starting up and servicing the HVAC/R equipment;
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned work orders ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customers location;
- Uses cutting edge software and technology along with a variety of hand tools to diagnose and repair units, as well as propose retrofits, upgrades and/or enhancements to existing systems;
- Ensures high levels of customer communication. Meets with customer to become familiar with needs and preferences. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommended system enhancements, upgrades and/or replacement. Promotes the sale of add-on work;
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets;
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays;
- Maintains parts inventory in Service Van;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Operating and working proficiency with hand held computers i.e. Smartphone, IPad;
- Strong written and oral communication skills to interact with customers, vendors and co-workers in a professional and helpful manner in person or via phone or written correspondence;
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places and risk of electric shock (high voltage);
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping and kneeling. It requires employees to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently or constantly to move objects;
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Compensation: Depends on candidate’s background
Employment Type: Full-Time
To Apply: Please mail resumes to Hyde-Stone Mechanical Contractors, Inc., 22962 Murrock Circle, Watertown, NY 13601 or go to the link below to apply on line.
Posted: Feb 13, 2019